You are an employee at this factory
You are an employee at this factory. You have worked there for over 10 years and know everyone from the owner to the co-workers. This situation has you nervous as well, but you don’t know what to do because you do not want to get anyone in trouble. You decide to speak with several people at the factory. Based upon their responses (listed below), answer the following questions:
- Would you report this situation to anyone else? If so, who and why?
- If you choose not to report the situation, explain your decision.
- What are the possible consequences if you were to report this situation?
- What are the possible consequences if you fail to report the workplace condition?
- Let's assume that you have reported the workplace condition. Is this whistleblowing? If so, would it be morally justified in this situation?