What is the gist of the reading or set of readingsThis assignment has you write 8, no more than 1-page essays on the supplemental course readings or sets of readings. The general purpose is to convince me you read the assigned reading(s) and are thinking through the different items
1. What is the gist of the reading or set of readings? Here you want to concisely summarize the main idea(s) and/or basic point(s) the author or authors are making.
2. How do these new ideas fit into our larger understanding? Here you want to offer a discussion of how this adds to our broader understanding.
3. What is your reaction/opinion to the main ideas? Here you want to offer your own insights: what you found interesting, inspiring, challenging or the like. You will also offer at least one discussion point you would want to raise. Separate this discussion point from the rest of the text so it can be easily identified.
1. Papers will be typed, using 11-12 point font with 1-1.25 inch margins and SINGLE-SPACED
4. Leave one space below this identifying information and begin the body of text, using complete sentences and full, indented paragraphs and edited for grammatical errors. ANY REFERENCES MADE WILL NEED CITED PROPERLY IN THE BODY OF TEXT. A works cited page is not required.