The Vision “Wow” Factor
1. It is recommended that you read the following article to gain further understanding of the use of facilitation to drive successful change initiatives:
a. Büchel, B., & Moss, I. (2007). Using facilitation to drive change: The change leader’s guide. Perspectives for Managers, (150), 1-4. (Document ID: 1305556001).
To participate in the following Discussion Forums, go to this week's Discussionlink in the left navigation:
1. The Vision “Wow” Factor
Find the vision statement of five different companies that you are interested in. You can get these from either annual reports or from online
searches. You may also use the vision statements listed in Table 9.4 of your text.
2. Vision and Organizational Change
Locate one journal article that discusses vision in relation to specific companies going through organizational change. The change could be
growth, decline, or some form of restructuring. Provide a complete APA citation of the article.
- How does each commentator link vision to the change?
- Is vision an explanatory variable for understanding why a change succeeded or failed?
- How would you rate the tone of the article in relation to vision: positive, neutral, or negative?
- What overall message would a reader receive about vision after reading the article?
- How influential do you think such articles are on the managers who read them?