Software Design and Deployment
Software Design and Deployment
The following resources may be helpful when completing this assignment:
Imagine that you are in charge of architecting and overseeing the development of an online course management system for a large university with a considerable number of online students. The software that is going to be deployed is similar to what students, instructors, and administrators experience when using Blackboard or software similar in design.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
1. Determine the requirements for the development of the online course management system.
2. Determine the software development model that the project will be developed under and create a diagram to represent the solution (i.e., waterfall model, incremental model, spiral model) through the use of graphical tools in Microsoft Word or Visio, or an open source alternative such as Dia. Include the title of each phase as well as a very brief description. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
3. Explain the processes that take place in each phase of the life cycle and determine what will be accomplished in each.
4. Explain how this software system should be deployed in relation to the software life cycle development model chosen in Question 2 of this assignment.
5. Explain how your deployment approach supports updates of the software, such as additional components or bug fixes.
6. Suggest software testing strategies for testing the online course delivery system for both the consistency architectural design and the functionality of the software itself.
7. List the concerns in the realm of issues that may necessitate software support that you may have in this system when it is released in a reliable format. Explain how to mitigate these concerns.
8. Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. You may use the resources above or others of your choosing.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
· Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Describe and design a deployment approach to systems architecture.
· Describe, develop, and implement software testing strategies and plans.
· Discuss the issues and mitigating factors that prevent reliable software release processes.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in the delivery of software solutions.
· Write clearly and concisely about topics associated to software architecture techniques using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.