Your goal for this part of your marketing plan is to determine if your product or service is focused on being in a consumer or a business market, and then which type within that category you will choose to be to drive sales. Keep in mind that many businesses and consumers cross market category types and lines, but for the purpose of this course and your final project, focus on one category (consumer or business) and one type within that category. This will help you to narrow your efforts to one channel and apply what you’ve learned more easily. Incorporate what you’ve learned from the readings and discussion.
For this part of your marketing plan, use what you learned in the module and the discussion to do some critical thinking– go past the surface and delve deeper into the problem. For the product or service that you are working with, investigate its website to determine what particular market type it is focused on, as well as how and why it is focused on that type of market.
Respond to the following prompts.
- Identify which market your product or service is operating in, C2B, C2C, B2B, or B2C.
- Identify and discuss the advantages of the company using its website to target a consumer or business market.
- Make at least two recommendations to improve the company’s presence in the market (C2B, C2C, B2B, or B2C).
Things to Remember!
- Your paper should be at least 1 ½ pages in length, not counting a cover page or reference page.
- Justify your recommendations by including in-text citations and references.
- Format according to APA style.