Health Care and Life Sciences
PART 1: For EACH article or chapter, provide a half page for each article summary that includes the following:
1. What is the paper about? Describe its key insights.
2. How do the authors justify the paper (why is it important, in their terms)?
3. How do the authors go about arguing their points, or answering their research questions (what are the methods they use)
4. What are the key findings?
5. What is YOUR OWN assessment of the quality of the paper (how convinced are you that what the authors claim to have contributed original knowledge have indeed been achieved?)
PART 2: Answer the following questions (half page) for both articles together
6. Why is this week's topic important to Canadians (you might specify which audience(s) it is important for, including researchers, policymakers, health practitioners, or the general public)?
7. Taking all of the readings together, what have you learned that you didn't know previously (this can be theoretical, methodological, or practical)?
8. What more would you like to know about this week's topic, and where would you need to look to find it?