Category: Essay Writing
Answer any 4 of the following questions. Answers should be accurate, informed, analytical, coherent and consistent.
- Explain the immense success of the Roman Catholic Church between the years 1000-1300. What was that success based on, and what were the elements of its success, for example doctrines, papal authority and so on.
- Explain why Europe, especially Western Europe, enjoyed a reawakening in the years roughly between 1000-1350.
- Explain and analyze the reasons why a national monarchy emerged in England, and why it succeeded in state-building between roughly 1066 and 1300. Be sure to give specific examples.
- In roughly the same period, between the 960’s and into the thirteenth century Germany failed to unify. Explain the reasons why. Be sure to give specific examples.
- The Catholic Church would remain powerful for many centuries after the Middle Ages, yet it weakened considerably between the years 1300-1500. Do you agree or disagree and why?
- Define and explain the reasons for the emergence of the Renaissance. Was the Renaissance truly a re-awakening? Or something truly unique?