Evaluation of my Place of Employment
In an opinion paper evaluate the following within your place of employment. Please answer the following questions in a children’s hospital in a post anesthesia care unit PACU.
Were you given a job description when you were hired? If yes does it cover all the aspects of what you do in patient care, etc.?What aspects of your daily job are not represented?Were others identified that you do not do?
What is the process for employee selection for employment, promotion?How does this compare with what is recommended “best practice?” ASPAN guidelines for PACU staff
Do you have an employment appraisal? Who does the appraisals? Is your appraisal tied to compensation? Is this appraisal an accurate reflection of your duties and responsibilities?
Do you have a pay for performance compensation program. Would this be an additional motivator?How would this performance be measured?
Evaluate what needs to be changed within your institutions based on the current staffing regulations.
Write a job description of your current job keeping in mind the fair employment regulation that must be included and a performance appraisal which reflects the duties and responsibilities and submit with this paper.
Please use the grading rubics below for answering all the required material:
1. Evaluates job description to determine if it covers all aspects of current position.
2.Illustrates missing aspects from the job description and aspects listed in the description that are not currently performed.
3. Evaluates the process for employee selection or promotion. Compares current process to recommended “best practices”.
4. Evaluates whether the organization uses an employment appraisal. Explains who performs the appraisals. Relates whether appraisal is tied to compensation. States if this appraisal is an accurate reflection of your duties and responsibilities.
5. Assesses:whether organization has a pay for performance compensation program. Explain if this be an additional motivator.Identifies how this performance be measured.
6. Evaluate what needs to be changed within the institution based on the current staffing regulations.
7. Writes a job description of current job keeping in mind the fair employment regulation that must be included and a performance appraisal which reflects the duties and responsibilities and submit with this paper.