Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Enterprise Architecture Framework Research Paper
Purpose of this Assignment
This assignment gives you the opportunity to apply your research skills, analysis, and critical thinking skills to describe one of the enterprise architecture (EA) frameworks. This will provide you an opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of one of the frameworks commonly used. This assignment specifically addresses the following course outcomes:
- describe enterprise architecture (EA), the appropriate application of EA frameworks, and an overall ongoing EA program
- analyze and examine how enterprise architecture and enterprise systems influence, support, and enable an organization’s ability to contribute to strategic decision making and to respond and adapt to the business environment
Select one of the enterprise architecture frameworks listed below:
- Zachman Framework
- The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)
- Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF)
- DoD Architecture Framework (DODAF)
- Treasury Enterprise Architecture Framework (TEAF)
Research and write a paper that describes the chosen framework. Your description should include the framework’s purpose, scope, principles, and the kinds of structures it uses, as appropriate to the framework. Then, explain the framework’s strengths and weaknesses. You should find at least two examples of organizations that have used the framework and briefly discuss them. (NOTE: More than two examples are required to receive all possible points; see Grading Rubric below.)
Your paper will be graded on both the accuracy and completeness of your description; it needs to clearly and completely define the framework and its strengths and weaknesses. Illustrations will enhance your paper if they contribute to an understanding of the framework.
Your paper should be 3-5 pages in length (not counting any cover sheet or reference pages). The use of at least three external scholarly resources (other than class materials) is required. (NOTE: More than three external resources are required to receive all possible points; see Grading Rubric below.) You should use scholarly journals (rather than Wikipedia and authorless website postings). If you need assistance with determining what a scholarly journal is, the UMUC library is a very good source of information, accessed via the following link: http://www.umuc.edu/library/libhow/articles.cfm. Remember to correctly cite and reference all sources using APA format.