In this course, we have covered several important concepts such as GDP, unemployment, monetary and fiscal policy. For our final module you will apply these concepts to your firm.
- Pick a recent newspaper article (New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc.) that focuses on your firm or industry. Describe the event and the issue for your firm. (summarize article by including, who, what, when, and where)
- Describe the basic issue and background behind the event.
- What economic principle(s) can be applied to the event or issue? Identify and briefly describe a specific principle that we have covered in one or more of the modules.
- How does this event impact the future of the firm or industry? For instance, what do you think would be the future outlook for the firm?
SLP Assignment Expectations
Use information from the modular background readings as well as any good quality resource you can find. Make sure you cite all resources you use and provide a reference list at the end of your paper.
Length: 2–3 typed and double-spaced pages.
In addition to the overall quality, depth, grammar, and organization of the paper, the following will, in particular, be assessed:
1. Analytical ability in relating a current event to the specifics of your organization.
2. Your ability to relate the economic concepts of this course to your specific organization