The first step in the research process is selecting a topic that is both interesting and manageable. For this discussion, complete the following:
• Review the Final Research Paper instructions in Week Five, and identify three potential research topics.
• Describe methods that may be helpful in identifying and narrowing your research paper topic.
• Examine two scholarly sources that may prove valuable as you seek to defend your claims.
• Address why scholarly sources should be used to support your writing on the selected topic.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from required material(s) and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references
Final Research Paper
Research the responsibility of a critical thinker in a contemporary society. You may choose any topic that deals with a contemporary social concern. Examine the principles of critical thought in relation to the chosen societal concern, and consider the importance of ethics, moral reasoning, a research-based process to search for truth, and the advantages of information technology in gathering data.
Potential social concerns include, but are not limited to health (e.g., obesity, smoking, or underage drinking), poverty (e.g., homelessness, basic needs, or transportation issues), family relations and dynamics (e.g., teen violence, physical abuse, depression, or suicide), social media (e.g., privacy), immigration (e.g., illegal), and education (e.g., plagiarism and/or cheating).
Your Final Research Paper should:
1. Include a literature review of three scholarly sources based on the selected contemporary issue. Analyze the validity of the author’s arguments and/or biases.
2. Explain how academic knowledge impacts the social elements and institutions of both local and global communities.
3. Assess how the principles of active citizenship could impact the contemporary issue during the next five to ten years.
4. Include at least one reference to a multimedia component (i.e., podcast, interactive website, blog, or video) and evaluate the relevance of this piece in relationship to academic knowledge and the selected issue.
Just pick what ever topic that fits into the final paper that you are interested in. I really don’t care. thank you.