Cybersecurity DR / BCP Presentation & Briefing Memorandum (15 points total)
The focus of this assignment should be DR / BCP technology solutions for response and recovery after a cyber security incident of sufficient duration and impact to require activation of the organization’s Disaster Recovery and/or Business Continuity Plan.
You may focus upon the incident reported upon in your cybersecurity research paper OR you may take a more general approach.
Suggested technology solutions include:
- General DR/BCP Services
o Palindrome http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d60m6hUpgvs
- Data Backup Solutions
- Cloud Computing (Infrastructure as a Service, Software as a Service, Platform as a Service)
- Mobile Data Centers / Mobile Workspace Solutions
o https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XCR7aG1Wvc (Sunguard)
o http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1oo9y4w1ZY (US Corps of Engineers)
- Emergency Communications Centers / Crisis Management Command Centers
- Cyber forensics and incident response services
- Cyber incident analytics services
Allocation of points is:
- Presentation 7 points
- Briefing Memorandum 8 points
Content Requirements (80%):
- Discuss the importance of disaster recovery and/or business continuity planning with respect to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems.
- Identify three commercially available technology solutions (products or services) which could be used to address cybersecurity problems specific to DR / BCP.
- Research and report upon each of the three technology solutions. For each solution include:
- Vendor (name and Web site)
- Product Name and Capabilities
- How this product or service can be used to support DR / BCP including protecting / restoring confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and information systems.
- Provide a summary in which you discuss the benefits of incorporating technology-based solutions when planning for recovery and restoral of IT operations.
Format Requirements (20%):
- Grammar / Mechanics / Writing Style (10% of the total points)
- Professional appearance
- Proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Presentation Format (10 – 20 slides)
i. Title Slide
ii. Importance of DR / BCP to cybersecurity
iii. Technology Solutions Overview
iv. 3 to 5 Slides per Product or Service
vi. Sources Attribution / References slide per instructor’s guidance
- Briefing Memorandum Format
i. To / From / Subject / Date Format
ii. Numbered Paragraphs
iii. Single spaced within paragraphs
iv. Provides summary to support presentation slides
v. No more than 3 pages (one page summary preferred)
vi. Sources Attribution / References in memorandum per instructor’s guidance
- Source Attribution / References (10% of the total points)
- You must provide appropriate attribution / credit to sources for information used in the presentation and memorandum.
- APA style guidance does not specifically address presentations and memoranda
- Your instructor will provide examples of appropriate citation styles for use in business communications, e.g. presentation slides and memoranda.