The law on Involuntary Manslaughter highlights key questions about the proper scope of criminal responsibility, including imposing liability for omissions and controversy surrounding the mens rea requirements that are considered appropriate for serious offences in England & Wales.
Explain the above statement, illustrating your points with examples from case law.
This piece of coursework will be assessed by reference to the following criteria:
1. The ability to identify the legal issues central to this question.
2. The ability to define the law clearly and concisely.
3. The ability to explain the relevant legal provisions in the context of the question.
4. The ability to provide a clear, reasoned and supported argument in relation to the set question.
5. The use of appropriate further reading and research
4. The ability to write grammatically correct English and to spell and punctuate accurately.
5. The ability to structure the answer appropriately.
6. The ability to present and reference your work appropriately