Claim of Evaluation EssayOrganization
• Does the writing have a definite beginning, middle, and end?
• Does the writing follow a logical order?
• Does the writing make a claim of evaluation?
• Does the writing state an opposing argument?
• Does the ending give a note of finality or logical conclusion?
• Does the paper use quotes, examples, testimony and/or statistics for support?
• Does the paper use valid data?
• Is APA documentation used correctly?
• Is the format standard?
format that cites at least two sources of information.
• Are citations in parentheses concise and complete enough to find the sources on the reference page?
Word Choice/Effective Sentences/Punctuation/Spelling and Mechanics
• Are ideas parallel?
• Are words added to make comparisons logical and complete?
• Do modifiers point to the words they modify?
• Does the writing maintain a consistent point of view?
• Are verbs consistent in mood, voice, and tense?
• Is paper void of spelling and mechanical errors?