Briefly explain how planning and monitoring help organisations, managers and individual job-holders to achieve results
Each answer should be no less than 100 words:
· Briefly explain how planning and monitoring help organisations, managers and individual job-holders to achieve results.
· List the types of plans that managers need to understand and describe how operational plans fit into the wider activities of the organisation?
· What distinguishes a good plan from a poor plan?
· Why do plans sometimes fail? What actions can you take to safeguard the success of your plans?
· What are the benefits of planning?
- Describe the planning skills you use in your current role and the type of plans you develop and follow. How do you monitor these plans?
- What was the last activity you planned in detail at your workplace? Describe how you went about planning it and the steps you followed. How did you determine and secure the resources you needed to carry out your plan?
- Describe a time when you worked with others to plan and organise activities/events and when you communicated with others to coordinate the implementation of the plan. Who was involved?
- Describe a time when you worked with others to plan and organise a presentation, an event or something similar. What did you do that helped and hindered? What did others do? What lessons did you learn for next time?
- What monitoring tools do you and your work team use? Write a short essay describing these tools and explain how they conform to the characteristics of an effective monitoring system. How do these monitoring tools help in the job?
- In your own words, identify and describe the 7 stages of managing a project and why each element is important.
- What is a PERT Chart? What is a Gantt Chart? What is the difference between these two tools? Search the net and find out the origin of these two charts, i.e. who designed them, where and when. Draw both charts as examples.
- Write a couple of paragraphs on a project that you have worked on previously and describe how you believe it could have been better developed if the organisers had used the skills of project management when planning, preparing and delivering the project.
- Why is it important to have a debrief at the end of a project? Why should this be documented?
- Identify and describe the four steps to monitoring a project?
- Why must a risk management plan (including WHS) be completed?
- Draft a simple financial budget to include project cost considerations.
Click here to have a similar A+ quality paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted…