Agency Approaches to Social Issues
Assignment One Question
Produce a Child Protection UK leaflet using Microsoft Publisher
You have been asked by a national charity to produce an information leaflet on developing a better practice understanding and professional awareness of Child Protection UK issues.
Using Microsoft Publisher
Your leaflet must identify key areas of legislation, relevant public policy and offer best practice guidance. You should also identify and discuss the work of key statutory and voluntary organisations which work in these fields and consider the nature of their professional support, interventions and wider campaigning/public education work
Things to include in leaflet;
- Introduction to child protection
- UK case reviews on child protection (including old and recent case reviews
- Relevant public policies
- Social policies
- Roles of organisations
- The UK threshold pathway guidance(of the local safeguarding children’s board Northamptonshire)
- Best practice guidance
- Talk about Every child matters, the NSPCC etc.
- Talk about the children’s act 2004 section 10,14 and other relevant acts
- Also include troubled families (2011)
- Lord Laming 2003, 2007 etc
- Also reference Neil Thompson (anti oppressive practice
And also talk about any important accept of the Child protection UK with the leaflet
Your leaflet will be used by staff, volunteers and community groups and therefore should be written in a style which is engaging and accessible.
Your leaflet must not exceed 2500 words and should include a range of text, data and images.
You must cite at least 8 referenceswhich must be accurately referenced using the Harvard system of referencing.
Submission date: 26TH January 2014
Standard assignment marking scheme.
· Exploration and understanding of the key issues
· Evidence of reading and other preparation, critically appraised and integrated into the body of the brochure/leaflet
· Independence of thinking and quality of analysis
· Discussion of anti-oppressive issues supported by an understanding of inequalities of power, integrated into the body of your answer, where appropriate
· Coherence and clarity of argument and structure
· Presentation: written style, grammar, sentence construction, paragraphing, referencing