A brief description of your new insights on EI and/or resonant leadership as a result of your research
Great leaders move us. They ignite our passion and inspire the best in us. When we try to explain why they are so effective, we speak of strategy, vision, or powerful ideas. However, the reality is much more primal. Great leadership works through the emotions” (Goleman, Boyatzis, & McKee, 2002).
Conduct some research on leading with Emotional Intelligence or resonant leadership using the South University Online Library. Then select a leader you know and analyze his or her emotional intelligence. (Choose at least one competency from each area of emotional intelligence.)
Compose an essay (minimum 500-600 words) that summarizes your findings and analysis. Be sure to include in your response:
- A brief description of your new insights on EI and/or resonant leadership as a result of your research.
- Your analysis of your leaders emotional intelligence including examples of behavior that demonstrate the chosen competencies
- A credible definition of a resonant leader and whether you consider your chosen leader to be a resonant leader and why.
- What you learned about EI and being a resonant leader from your leader.
- Emotional self-awareness
- Accurate self-assessment
- Organizational awareness
- Developing others
- Change catalyst
- Conflict management
- Teamwork and collaboration
Goleman, D., Boyatzis, R., & McKee, A. (2002). Primal leadership: Learning to
lead with emotional intelligence
. Boston, MA: Harvard Business School